Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 12. Fortuna CA to Reedsport, OR

Last night, I pampered myself and stayed at the Super 8 in Fortuna. I know that really doesn't sound too fancy, but I'm trying to keep costs down.  I also had to get the "Bates Motel" of Quincy feeling off of me. It was good to have the continental breakfast of fresh fruit, a waffle and juice.

I spent the day driving up the coast on US-101.
The first stop was a California rest stop in the Redwoods.

A field of elk.

I finally get to the Pacific Ocean.

I thought this was neat. On each end of the bridge over the Klamath River, there are 2 bears.

I saw this and thought I was in Brainerd, MN.

A few more from further north.

I've seen commercials for Jack in the Box and thought I'd try it. I stopped in Crescent City, CA for lunch. It wasn't bad.

Into Oregon.

In Gold Beach, OR, right along side the road, is the office for Backwoods Home magazine I've never had a subscription, but I've read many issues over the years. I stopped in and picked up the current issue. I may have to subscribe.

I ended the night in Reedsport, OR. I'm back to low dollar hotels. Tonights hotel was $43.00 with no extras.

Tommorow, I turn east for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment