Thursday, December 05, 2013

The Winter of 2013-2014 Arrives!

We've had a couple of snowfalls this winter season, but most of it melted a few days later. I think that trend is over. On Monday afternoon is started snowing. I figured we got 6 or 7 inches before it stopped on Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday, It started up again as sleet. When the temps started to drop off it turned to snow again. It quit sometime over night. Last night, before it quit completely, I snow blowed the driveway. I wanted to get the heavy sleet soaked snow off before it got any colder and set up like snow concrete!

I went out this morning and cleaned up the end of the driveway and removed the slow that the county plow left behind. I brought out the 4' ruler and found a protected patch of snow. I measured a bit over 12 inches.


The forecast for our area has cooler temps for the next couple of days...


A few shots of Winter bliss in the woods....

7 comments:

  1. "Winter bliss", eh. I often hear another colorful term used.the coming of winter was inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy snow shoveling! A time where I am glad to live in an apartment complex… with caretakers keeping the walkways and parking stalls clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 8 windchill here and maybe snow this weekend. Nothing major. Thanks for taking one for the team...

    Wet snow is diabolical. Time for another log on the fire- enjoy it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it will be sticking around for a while. The snow pictures are always pretty.

    Good thing we got a ride in last week as we too woke to 6 inches of snow this morning. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erik:

    we are getting record lows but no snow until next week. Glad we have no driveways to shovel

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  6. brrrrrrrr I felt cold just reading this

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was wet here and now icy but we avoided ALL of the snow. Traffic in the Cities was tough, though easy down here.

    ReplyDelete