Sunday, June 19, 2016

Goodbye My Friend...

We never know where life will take us.



A few hours ago my brother-in-law left with my, sorry, his FJR. I hope that it brings him to as many interesting places as it brought me...

In the past 10 years we've had some excellent adventures.

FJR get-togethers in UT, SD, AR, a trip to Rachel, NV, a couple of trips to SD for the Sturgis Rally and a few just for riding in the Black Hills.








The day I bought it and drove it home from Vetesnik's in Richland Center, WI.


Thanks for the memories....




I'll keep the Zx14 and the Wr250x, but I'm making room in my garage for something maybe just as fun as sport-touring bikes. Another chapter in my life....??????? We'll see...






9 comments:

  1. Happy trails to the bike and its new owner. I wonder what the empty spot in the garage might be for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We'll see what shows up... No for-sure plans yet.

      Delete
  2. Sad to see an old friend go. You give me hope I'll be able to let the Gladius go so I can get something more suitable. At least you know the new owner and can visit from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's time, you'll be able to make the change.
      I bought the FJR right after I crashed into an antelope in 2006. I knew I had to get back on the horse, so to speak. If I hadn't, I might not have done much riding after the Goldwing was repaired. The FJR was a good friend.
      And yes, I'll be able to visit from time to time... lol

      Delete
  3. Its always hard to let them go, but a relief to know they aren't sitting in the garage not being ridden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope my B-I-L can find the time to ride and enjoy himself. The FJR has been a great bike, with many many years and miles left in her...

      Delete
  4. Good luck on and with whatever is ahead Erik!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how we get attached to machines. I thought I'd never let my Suzuki go then I found the Yamaha and 6 years later, my mind is wandering. Is that being unfaithful? Can't wait to see what fills your garage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sad to see a great bike go but will wait to see what the next ride will be

    ReplyDelete