Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sturgis Vacation, Day 1, The day of the performance award



Well, the day started ok... We made it down through Iowa and South Dakota, then into Nebraska.



I had been thinking that I hadn't seen much in the way of the Law Enforcement community. Well, John and I got to meet a fellow member. I'm glad the meeting wasn't 10 minutes earlier or things wouldn't have gone as well as they did. We met up with the Keya Paha County Sheriff himself, a very nice guy.



As if that wasn't enough, there wasn't a hotel room to be found within 80 miles of Valentine, NE. It's a small town and there was a rodeo near by. We ended up driving north up to Murdo, SD and got a room at the Anchor Inn.

I hope this isn't a sign of how things will be on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment