Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fall's Slow Progress and a Car Show...

While some northern bloggers have ice and snow already, fall, or more precisely, fall color, has been slow to arrive in Cable, WI. I took some pictures today and when compared to last year, the brilliant reds, oranges and yellows of the maple trees just refuse to show themselves. I think we're at least 10 days behind last year...

Today..... 9-26-15.



And one year ago... 9-22-14.



Today, Nancy and I went to the 14th Annual Cable Area Fall Festival   in "downtown" Cable. It was a beautiful 74 degrees and sunny! There were a number of vendors selling their arts and craft items, vendors selling food, and a car show. I was very surprised by the quality of the cars in the show.

Here's just a few...


My first car was a '73 Riviera hat looked a lot like this one.


4 comments:

  1. Pretty cool car show! I think that I like the dump bed dually the best. First car was a Riviera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the dump truck is pretty cool! And yes, my first car back in '80 was a '73 Riv.

      Delete
  2. I was hoping to see some of the spectacular fall colours on my recent trip, but it hadn't even started...
    Nice car show, good to see such cars still in pristine condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of nice cars in the show. I always enjoy wandering around looking at the old machines.

    I am surprised your fall colors are late this year. More time to enjoy nice weather perhaps.

    ReplyDelete